Things to see and things to do
On the SAONE ET LOIRE side …
- Louhans : its arcades and cobbled street, the apothecary, the Independant newspaper museum. You must try to visit the Market : every Monday morning there is a large market selling local produce, livestock and many other items.
- Cluny and the villages around
- The Cormatin Castle
- Romenay (old village from the Bresse)
- La ferme des Petits Bois in Sagy ( animal farm for kids)
- The Pierre de Bresse Castle
- La Roche de Solutré
- The Azé caves
- Chalon sur Saône : the Nicephore Niepce Museum (inventor of photography)
- The old village of Brancion
On the JURA side …
- Lons le Saunier : its arcades and cobbled street, the archaeology Museum, the thermal baths, the Vache qui Rit (Laughing Cow) Museum …
- Chateau Chalon , a beautiful village surrounded by vineyards.
- Baume les Messieurs a very old village with its Abbey, cave and waterfall.
- The lake and dam of Vouglans.
- The Herisson waterfall.
- Arbois and around, the Pasteur Museum.
Other ACTIVITIES …
- The Monday morning market in Louhans.
- Many Sunday morning flea markets, among them Grange Rouge, on the first Sunday of July, August and September.
- Circuit de Bresse in Le Miroir (car and kart circuit ).
- Golf course in Vernantois.
- The thermal baths in Lons le Saunier.
- The brand new swimming pool in Louhans.